Yes, you read it right. Ako’y isinali by my mom-in-law in their village Santa Cruzan as the Reyna de los Angeles (Queen of Angels) last May 3. And I could still fit into my wedding gown with room to spare! Hooraah! (Bawal huminga, though.).
Disclaimer: I was never part of any ‘sagala’ before. Being one of the Reyna-something in Flores de Mayo isn’t really in my bucket list before I hit my big 3-0. I was actually to shy to parade because I thought I was too old for this. Apparently in this Santacruzan, all the Reynas were married women. I was the youngest Reyna there.
Went back to Parque España Residence Hotel Alabang where we had our wedding preps last year and attended anticipated mass at Mary Immaculate Conception Nature Church where we got married. We also watched our wedding videos (same-day-edit and wedding highlights) over and over again. Kaiyak lang. Hehe.
Reminiscing at its finest!
Happy anniversary to us! 49 years to go before our golden wedding anniversary! Hihi.
Exactly a year ago, I received an amazing gift from God. This gift is a lovely daily reminder how blessed and lucky I am. Finally, there’s someone who is able to put up with all my quirks, weirdness and sometimes lame (or too much) humor and lines. Thank you for being a domesticated husband and for always thinking that I am cute even without my make up on or well-combed hair. Happy first year wedding anniversary, my poging Dadi/Ser Chef. I love you more than Adam Lambert and Daniel Matsunaga and I’m sure you know that already. I love you so much!
Cheers everyone! Stay happy and in love!
First Christmas as a married couple. Yihii.
- Christmas dinner with the BFFs at Tiyo’s
- Noche Buena with the in-laws and kids
- Lunch with the Cabbabs in Sampaloc
- Dinner with the Buenrostros and Pigaos in Antipolo
- Aquino-Paguia Reunion in Las Pinas
- Dinner with college friends
LAGARE ang Mr. and Mrs. C! Our Christmas celebration is truly memorable. Thank you, Dadi!
To our family and friends, thank you so much for all the gifts, both material and non-material. We love you!
And Dadi gifted me a new bag. He knows how much I’ve been abusing my LC le pliage (in Bilberry) for two years. It’s high time to get a new one. Hihi.
Merry Christmas everyone!
We had the annual Lantern Parade last 18 Dec. 2013. This year’s theme of the SLIS Lantern was Labraryanihan. SLIS faculty and students dressed as super heroes and super villains paraded around the academic oval. We’re super heroes saving the world from information illiteracy and disasters, such as Typhoon Yolanda. Sir Igor and I were Shaider and Annie (Mga Pulis Pangkalawakan), and Ma’am Kate was our much loved bonggang villain, Ida. Our costumes and props (Shaider, Annie and Ida) were all DIY-ed. Labor of love (for the School!).
This gimmick was such a hit, similar to our last year’s storybook characters.
I wonder what’s in for next year? Hmmm…
Dadi and I ‘tried’ to be academic this time. LOL.
We presented a paper in an international conference, the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress in Singapore last 19 August 2013.
We also had a short tour around the National Library Board of Singapore.
I LOOOOOOOOVE their library!
And here are some interesting ‘words of wisdom’ painted on the windows of the library:
And my favorite:
We had a free post nup shoot with CJ and Jeff of Redscale Studios last May 20, 2013. Berny Tia of Stylemebeautiful recreated my look during my wedding. I was so happy that I could still fit in my gown 4 months after my wedding. Haha!
Some behind-the-scene shots, courtesy of my sister, bridesmaid and DIY-crafts enthusiast, Janine.
We had our prenup shoot some time in December 2012 where everything started….at UP Diliman.
Theater, classroom, library books, sunken garden, UP, taho. XD
Special thanks to:
- Cj Cariola of Redscale Studios for the awesome and nakakasakit-ng-ulo-sa-kaka
- Berny Tia of style me Beautiful for the hair and makeup (and taking care of me until the day of my wedding, and even after the wedding during the postnup shoot)
- bridesmaid Daisy Dalina for being my pretty PA, stylist, tagapaypay and tagabili ng tubig
- Ria Zablan of Redscale Studios for lending me her malakas-na-makapornstar eye glasses na may mataas na grado (hehe)
- Manong from the College of Mass Communication for allowing us to hold the shoot in their ‘teatro’ for…wait for it.. for free!
- UP SLIS Library for letting us disturb their silence that afternoon
- SLIS students and tambay who willingly took part and became extras in our shoot. Your acting was superb! Thank you!